วันอังคารที่ 22 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

Arshavin: Barca goal a career-defining moment


By Giuseppe Muro

Andrey Arshavin says his goal against Barcelona was a "crucial moment" in his career.

Never one to shy away on the big stage, the Russian curled home Samir Nasri's cut-back with seven minutes remaining to give Arsenal a 2-1 victory over the Spanish champions and spark pandemonium inside Emirates Stadium last Wednesday night.

The goal gave Arshavin's side a crucial first-leg lead in the Champions League last-16 tie and he knows his strike, and the celebration that followed, will live long in the memory.

"To score against Barcelona for any player is a very crucial moment, maybe in your career," said Arshavin. "It doesn't happen a lot, especially [because] it brought a win.
"When I came on I didn't feel special, I was just calm and when I had a chance I scored the goal. I did not change the game, I just took my chance. If I changed the game I would say.
"When I was sitting on the bench it looked very tough for us because Barcelona always have a lot of possession, that is why you must be patient.
"After the game I was very excited but now it is in the past and we have to be focused on the next game."

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น